Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"For Such A Time As This"

Esther 4:14b "...Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

Last week I wrote my last blog of My Favorite Things. I thought I would make it a Baker's Dozen and write one more and it centers around this verse posted above. This is probably one of a dozen verses that are my favorites. I thought I had a list to write about but when I checked that list wasn't to be found. This verse was written in my notes and I knew I could write about this. This is what I have to say...

A few months ago I watched a movie titled, "Midnight in Paris." I don't want to give the plot away and I highly encourage you to rent it when it comes out on DVD and watch it with the one you love. So many times my husband and I would feel like we were born in the wrong time era. We love the late 1800's style of clothing as well as the turn of the century around 1912. After watching this movie I have come to the conclusion that I am content with the time I am living in. I can enjoy looking back in history and wish I could have been there but God has shown me how he wanted me here and now. All of life appears to be falling into place. Sure when my husband and I have conversations we talk about how late we were born. How much we wish we could have been some of the early settlers. Had we been born 100 years ago we could have been some of the movers and shakers in this world. How we could have started a town and maybe have it named after us. The closest we get is Vasquez Rocks located up the 14 freeway going into Lancaster/Palmdale. Trabuco Vasquez was a bandit a robber that hid out among those rocks thus naming them after him.



It would have been fun to have been born around the time the San Gabriel Valley was expanding. To have owned the 450 thousand some acres of land and have had streets named after us such as Workman, Temple, Rowland, Huntington or Baldwin. We might have been involved in the banking business like Crocker or one of the Big Four in the railroad like Crocker, Huntington, Stanford and Hopkins. There is so much to learn about in history and how many places had their start. That may be what I am more interested in is about History.

When I take Young at Heart on a Tour we have visited certain places like the Workman/Temple Homestead in City of Industry and as I walk around and through the houses I wish the walls could talk. I would like to know how the places made their start. To feel and understand how many of them had the vision to make so much of where they lived. I may wish I could have lived in another time era but I have come to the conclusion that God doesn't make mistakes and that he has placed me here at this time "for such a time as this." I have had many experiences with so many people that if I weren't here who would have helped them get through a certain issue happening in their life. It's kind of the "It's a Wonderful Life" syndrome. If I wasn't here who knows where YOU would be?

God has placed me in this time so that I may know you and that we may be able to walk this life side by side or at least to be here to make a comment that would help you think in a different way to your current situation. God has used me in so many ways to touch the lives of people here at home and across the border. I am so excited for what God has instore for me and look forward to seeing how this life unfolds. None of us know what tomorrow will hold let alone next week, next month or next year. All I know is that God has be here for a purpose and I am so happy to be living that out.

Have YOU discovered your purpose? Do you believe, "...Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” I encourage you to find your "sweet spot" and understand what it is God would have you do in your life. If you need someone to talk to to discover that let's get together for some tea. As I have stated in my blog description,
 "Everyone has a story, I'd love to hear yours."
Let's do Life together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment