Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#11 My Favorite Things – Glendora Christian Women’s Connection

#11 My Favorite Things – Glendora Christian Women’s Connection


I have been attending the Glendora Christian Women’s Connection since the early 90’s. I started attending when it was still called Glendora Christian Women’s "Club" and they change the Club in their name within the last few years to "Connection." This group is one of many ministries within Stonecroft Ministries. It wasn’t long after I attended my first meeting that my mom and I joined the board to help plan the luncheons. I actually started as the Assistant Nursery Coordinator since I had the most kids in childcare. This was one of the reasons I enjoyed going so I could put on a dress and makeup and drop my kids off where I knew they were in a safe environment so I could enjoy myself with other women. I served in different positions on the board then in 2010 I was asked to be Chairman of the Board. I no longer need to use their childcare but they still offer it and it is free childcare. I enjoy being out with women and the location where our luncheons are held are at the Via Verde Country Club in San Dimas. It has a beautiful view overlooking the San Gabriel Valley which I absolutely love!


One of the other things I love about being on the board is the way they have the board positions organized. Positions are divided up so you aren’t overloaded with a ton of stuff to do. If everyone does their job everything comes together perfectly. The Chairman, me, arranges for speakers and facilitates the luncheon and meetings, the vice-chair does the invitations, the Reservation Coordinator handles all the reservations with her team. Finance takes care of all the finances and ticket sales with her team. The Special Feature Coordinator arranges, well, our Special Features which is the main draw for our luncheons. It all runs very smoothly if everyone does their part. I have two positions yet to fill and then I would like to be able to have assistants for every position also. Some of the ladies have been members of the board for a number of years and a few are new to the ministry.

Over the years I have enjoyed each luncheon to hear the various speakers. I love the way God will send a speaker to address the group and how their message may fit exactly what I have been dealing with. I have been a Christian for a number of years and am always inspired by the speaker’s message and feel this is one of the ways I have grown in my walk with the Lord. The women of the board through the years are the ones that have taught me how to pray and have always enjoyed their “mothering” when I would come up against various issues in my life. They were all there for me when I lost my baby Debra in 1992 and showed me sorrow and love. I have known many women that have served on this board and am lucky to still have some of them in my life. We have also lost many precious women I will never forget like Diana Yingling and Ruth Maurich.

I never tire from attending the luncheons. The speakers are really good and it is the best tool any Christian could use to bring friends and family to hear the gospel message in a fun and inviting way. There is always a Special Feature which is the draw to get people to come. We also have a person tell us about the projects Stonecroft is working on so they can give towards it. There are no dues or memberships to be a part of this Women's Connection. I would have to say this is probably one of the best kept secrets around. I wish I had the time to contact the surrounding Women’s Ministries of churches so they could take advantage of bringing unbelievers to our luncheons. It’s meant to be a party type atmosphere to invite people to. I highly encourage you to join me sometime to try it out. If you have never been I would love for you to come as “my guest.” The next time you come you could bring a friend and treat them to lunch. I always love letting my friends know I was going to go have lunch at "The Country Club." I feel like high society and I love being able to dress up!

I welcome you to join me sometime. There are various groups that meet all over the United States. You can visit the link above to find a group near you. Who knows, this could be the start of something great for you to reach those that need the Lord in their lives. It’s also great for the Christian to receive Spiritual Food too!

No comments:

Post a Comment