Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some of my Favorite things...Writing

The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible.  
~Vladimir Nabakov

My first blog I wrote last week I wasn't sure what I would have to write about but writing is one of my favorite things to do. I have even come up with certain topics I would like to write about and will proceed to do that in the coming weeks. I will share:
"Some of my Favorite things" and will share 12 of my Favorite Things. Last week I started with "Books" and I should have shared my 12 favorite books so I will blog about those another time.
This week is the second of My Favorite things...Writing
A few of my other favorite things include...Cooking...Sewing...and I will share 8 more too.
Other topics include:
The Power of Oprah.
State of the Union.
Children, the only thing on earth we can take to heaven.
Taking care of ourselves.
Children belong to God.
Experiencing a little bit of heaven on earth.
Caring for our parents.
Debra's Poem.
So I have a dozen blogs lined up to share with you.


One of my friends recently shared in her blog that she was born "for such a time as this." She was talking about being able go from journaling on her own to writing her thoughts and sharing them with others through "blogging." Well, she's nearly 10 years younger than I am and I recall at her age I did a lot of writing. I didn't quite journal faithfully but I had events that happened in my life that I wrote about hoping to be an encouragement to others. My last major writing took place in 2000 when the reality of my childbearing years were completely over. There's something else to write about as well as the various stages in a woman's life.


This same friend, after hitting a wall for writing, recently was given the challenge from the Lord to blog from A to Z. She encouraged others to share their word for the letter of the day and why. I took up the challenge but I would use the Bible to choose my words from and would include a scripture verse that used that word. Quite by accident when I went to write "the why" I chose that particular word the first two days turned out to be names of music groups. So there began my challenge to find the word and post the scripture verse and name a music group or musician. That second day when I discovered my challenge I was so excited that I stayed up till 1am going through the alphabet finding the word and scripture verses and coming up with the corresponding music group. Through the days I did change the some verses and then I would find a better group to name. It was a challenge and I enjoyed it throughly. It was also through this exercise that helped to encourage me to finally start blogging. I've been wanting to do it for a few years but I guess I was waiting for life to slow down. That hasn't happened yet so I figured I might as well just jump into it.


I have enjoyed reading my friend's blogs. She is an incredible writer and one day she will be a published author. Her stories are amazing from writing about spiders to cats and she has a line of children's stories she could write about and is off to a good start. I don't aspire to be a writer like that although I would love to write a book with my husband about marriage and family. I do have a book in the making with my husband so hopefully that will be done within the next year.


So there you have it. My love of writing. Catch up with me next week. I will post my words from A to Z with scripture verses and music groups.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you now...waiting for you A - Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great for me to read, but not for the reason you may think. I mean, I love that you think that I will one day "be published" --thank you for saying that. Telling someone they will "be published" is a great compliment in the heart of the writer.
    But, I loved this because of what you wrote:

    "I was so excited that I stayed up till 1am going through the alphabet finding the word and scripture verses and coming up with the corresponding music group. Through the days I did change the some verses and then I would find a better group to name. It was a challenge and I enjoyed it throughly. It was also through this exercise that helped to encourage me to finally start blogging."
    If that is what happened to you...that makes me smile. Love you!

    ReplyDelete