Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The CHALLENGE

April 26th I took on the challenge with a fellow blogger to write a corresponding word to go with a letter of the alphabet. I decided to make my challenge to use a word from the Bible and write a scripture verse to go with it. Part of the challenge was to say why I chose that particular word and for the first two letters my reason was because I liked the music of that particular group. For 26 days, just noticed how my challenge began on the 26th, these were the words and groups I came up with:



A - ABBA
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 
Romans 8:15
ABBA - cuz I love their music. :-)

‎B - BREAD
"I am the Bread of Life." John 6:48
Bread - I love their music too!

C - CARPENTER'S
"Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?" Matthew 13:55 KJV
The Carpenters - I absolutely LOVE their music!

D - DOORS
"the pure gold basins, wick trimmers, sprinkling bowls, dishes and censers; and the gold sockets for the doors of the innermost room, the Most Holy Place, and also for the doors of the main hall of the temple." 1 Kings 7:50
The Doors. J

E - EAGLES
‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Exodus 19:4
The Eagles

F - FAITH
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this “hill”, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20
Can you guess? Faith Hill (ok, so it’s a mountain! Lol)

G - GRANT 
‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the LORD Almighty. Haggai 2:9
”Do you see it? Huh, huh? Amy Grant

H - HILL
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12
There ya go again…see it? Hillsong.

I - ICE
The breath of God produces ice, and the broad waters become frozen. Job 37:10
ICE CUBE

J - JARS
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7
Jars of Clay

K - KISS
She Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine. Song of Solomon 1:2
KISS

L - LIMP
Every hand will go limp; every leg will be wet with urine. Ezekiel 7:17
Appears to be appropriate for the music of, Limp Bizkit

M - MERCY
have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long. Psalm 86:3
MercyMe

N - NO
No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval. 1 Corinthians 11:19
No Doubt

O - OCEAN
"Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths," Psalm 148:7
Ocean was a gospel rock band formed in 1970 in London, Ontario, Canada. They are best known for their million-selling 1971 single "Put Your Hand in the Hand"

P - PRINCE
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
PRINCE

Q - Queen
Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. Esther 2:17
Queen

R - Righteous
Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous. 1 John 3:12
Righteous Brothers

S - SPICE
[ Jesus Has Risen ] When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. Mark 16:1
The original Spice Girls

T - THIRD
He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, Luke 24:46
Third Day

U - USHER
A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great. Proverbs 18:17
Usher

V - VINES
The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.” 
Song of Solomon 2:13
The Vines…You know, Pastor, no really they are an Australian group.

W - WHO
Job 38
The LORD Speaks
 1 Then the LORD spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:
 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? 
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! 
   Who stretched a measuring line across it? 

 8 Who shut up the sea behind doors 
25 Who cuts a channel for the torrents of rain, 
28 Who fathers the drops of dew? 
29 Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens 
36 Who gives the ibis wisdom
37 Who has the wisdom to count the clouds? 
   Who can tip over the water jars of the heavens 
41 Who provides food for the raven 


The Who


X - XERXES 
I would have been fine with my original word for "X" but the Good Lord gave me a new word. "Xerxes"
"Before a young woman’s turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women, six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics." Esther 2:12
Oh yeah, I want to be pampered like this! LOL....
SO my group is XTD-Xerxes The Dark http://www.xerxes-band.tk/

Y - YES
Just came home a short time ago from decorating my table for the Tea in the morning. I have my word for "Y".
"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." Matthew 5:37 NKJV
A lesson for each of us to learn when our plate is full. ;-)
Without a doubt my group is "YES".
I've seen all good people, Roundabout.

Z - Zac

When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zac, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” Luke 19:5
Zac Efron
It was the Start of Something new for Zacchaeus.


There you have it. My list of words from A-Z with verses from the Bible and names of a musical group or musician. You know, sometimes you may start something one way and without realizing it it turns out to be something completely different? I enjoyed coming up with this list for the 26 days I did it. They say it takes 30 days for anything to become habit. This exercise helped me to realize how much I do enjoy writing and since I've always wanted to start "blogging" this helped me jump in to that. 
Maybe it is "The Start of Something New."

No comments:

Post a Comment