Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"Wait! Wait!"

I want to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart for all the Birthday wishes. I am thoroughly blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends.


I don’t know how many of you feel that a Birthday is just a Birthday. It comes and it goes. Many of you know I was preparing for this Birthday as I feel it is a very Special Birthday to me to make note of. I turned the age of the year I was born. When I was young I couldn’t fathom being 40 let alone the age I am now!

I remember sitting in my 3rd grade class and having my teacher, Mrs. Pierce, talking about the Lord’s return and she said she didn’t expect He would come in her lifetime but that The Lord would most likely return during our lifetime. As the years passed I would pray the Lord would “wait” until I was done through High School. Then I wanted the Lord to “wait” until I was married. Then I wanted the Lord to “wait” until I had children. Then I stopped asking the Lord to wait. I never imagined I’d live long enough to see Grandchildren and now I have 5! Wait! Wait! Where did the time go?


Now I stand at the beginning of a New Age. I had already been planning and knew that this Birthday was going to be Special and I did want it to be BIG! It would have been nice to have had a huge celebration and invited many of my family and friends but there has been so much happening these past months there was no time to plan. I know though that God has Bigger Plans for my life and life with my Husband, Duane. He enters into a New Decade in Life later this year so this Birthday year is bringing huge changes for us.

I know I can’t ask The Lord to Wait on His return anymore. I don’t even want to. I am truly blessed beyond measure and whether the Lord Returns tomorrow or if He chooses to take me home to be with Him I know I am ready. He IS Lord of My Life. He is My King and I am His Daughter. I am not afraid of tomorrow and I love what it says in Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” 

I remember looking forward to each decade birthday. My thirties I finally felt like I was a grown up. My forties I felt I had gained much wisdom. My fifties I felt like I had arrived and didn’t need to impress anyone! I have to admit that a couple months ago as I was contemplating my birthday coming up I realized I was right around the corner from this next decade and thought, Oh My Goodness! I’ve lived more than half my life! I don’t have much time left to make an impact or leave any kind of legacy! That thought only lasted a few hours as I knew God was already working in mine and my husband’s lives.


So whatever time we have left I know I have to live it for The Lord. Because the only thing that matters in this world is what we do for the Kingdom of God and Lives are the only thing in this world we can take to Heaven with us. God has Huge Plans for Husband and I. We know God has it in our future to make a difference in people’s lives. I am excited to see what God lays before us. I pray that we are able to take that Step of Faith in the direction he has us going in. Sometimes I wish God would allow us to know how this is going to turn out. I do have all the confidence that we are headed in the right direction.

You may ask, “What is it?” All I can say for now is, “Wait! Wait!”

I leave you with this scripture verse:

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3: 20-21

Thank you again for all your lovely Birthday wishes and blessings. I love you all!



Beckie
Daughter of The King!

No comments:

Post a Comment