Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Letter From Debra Lois





Happy 21st 
Birthday in 
Heaven Debra Lois
May 4th, 2013



Today has been a rather emotional day for me. I honestly thought when I woke up this morning I was doing just fine. I was excited to put Debra's Poem together and share it with all of you on Facebook. Looking for photos to go with Debra's Poem kind of sent me for a loop. The first photo I came across was just so sweet and touching. I know my girl has been watching from above...

My Dawna had text me and asked if I wanted to meet at Forest Lawn at Noon to see Debra. I later found out that Duana and Sydney would be joining us also. It hadn't even dawned on me that since it is Debra's 21st Birthday we should have a Toast with Champagne! That was a great idea Duana!












We sang Happy Birthday to Debra and it appeared Debra even blew out her candle. We always have an Angel Food Cake.

We took Sydney over to see her Great Grandpa Johnny since he is at Forest Lawn also. We all miss him oh so much.



Once the girls left I felt I needed to go see Debra by myself. I felt she had something she needed to say to me...



This will have special meaning to most family members but I don't mind others reading what My Debra had to say to me and her loved ones.


White butterflies always remind me of Debra.


A Letter From Debra:

Hello Dear Family,

Today I am celebrating my 21st Birthday in Heaven. I am so glad Grandpa Vasquez is here to celebrate with me! Uncle Doc is here too and I've so enjoyed hearing their stories about all of you! I can't wait for the day you all arrive and I know it won't be any time soon. Uncle Doc has been here just as long as I have. We went through orientation here in Heaven together. Uncle Doc is such a kick! God allows him to smoke a pipe. He figures what harm could it do him now? It's so funny to hear Uncle Doc when he gets irritated and says, "Weeell craaap" in his deep voice. We've all adjusted to that "C" word from Doc.

I tell you I was so excited the day I was told that Grandpa Vasquez was going to be arriving soon. I've been having fun with Baby Vasquez all these years and I enjoy meeting many family members like all the Great, Greats, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles. The one that really surprised me seeing though was our Uncle Dan. I had only been here  little over a year when I was told he would be arriving soon. I was a bit too young to understand why God brought him home so soon. God reminded me that my Uncle Donnie was brought up here at a much younger age and then He said I brought you here to live with me at an even younger age. Then he asked me would I care to trade places with any of them? I responded right away, "And be separated from you?!" I couldn't imagine that! I'm home! Heaven is my Home and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Grandpa Vasquez has shared some of your stories with me and I couldn't imagine having to go through any of that. I know you wonder why you have to go through some of the hard stuff but God assures me that he is just helping to make you stronger. You have to be strong in order to live on earth. Maybe that is why God brought me home so soon. God knew life on earth would be much too difficult for me. I may not have survived any way. I've been spared all that you are going through. Don't be sad for me. I've had a full 21 years here with My Lord! You may think you have a "relationship" with God now but let me tell you this...You have no idea how great it is until you reach Heaven! I tell you..."He's Out of this World!" Keep reading God's Word it really does help you to have a great life on earth.

Grandpa Vasquez, Uncle Doc, Uncle Dan & Donnie all send their love. We'll continue watching over all of you from above!
I Love You!
Debra Lois


By the way Grandma Vasquez, Aunt Lois still hasn't fessed up about the purple Popsicle. I've had the greatest time getting to know Grandpa. He's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment